Are you interested in inspecting this property?
Get in touch to request an inspection.
'Groomsville Homestead' - Productive income property with character homestead & excellent facilities!
- Land: 15 ha (37 acres)
The traditional country homestead is nestled on top of the mountain ranges with majestic 360 degree views, with north and south facing verandahs which overlook park like surrounds fit for a grand country wedding, a B and B farm stay, or just a great spot to watch the family enjoy the lifestyle this rural property offers!
There is a real piece of history with circa 1880 homestead and out buildings on a picture perfect 37.7 acres.
Opportunities to expand the existing operation like a horse or cattle stud enterprise exists.
"Groomsville Homestead" is a place to enjoy timeless ambiance with black smith shed, original stables with adzed posts, handmade nails original English corrugated iron.
The property is subdivided into four paddocks, laneway and productive stands of improved pasture provides an abundance of quality feed.
Excellent water facilities with stock and domestic bore serviced by a 5 000 gallon head tank reticulating to troughs throughout the property.
The homestead is inviting and has ample room for a large family, the land is productive , so come and see for yourself why the sellers have easily lived here for over 20 years.
• Excellent softwood scrub soils, predominately Rhodes, Kikuya, Clover and Panics
• Electric submersible bore, 22 500 L water storage
• 148 500 L rain water storage
• Flood lit cattle yards with sheltered vet crush and loading ramp, solid post and rail construction2 stables with feed storage and adjoining day yards
• Truck shed, timber and iron construction with water provision
• 18 x 9 m machinery shed, 2 sides closed in
• Very impressive home with 6 inch locally milled hardwood floors, VJ's, 11' ceilings, five bedrooms (four of which are double) and a study, and features detailed timber arches.
• Original Rayburn combustion wood stove and modern wood heater
• Tennis court and excellent entertaining space
• 3 dog kennels with concrete floor and raised timber beds and fully enclosed mesh runs
Chook house, pig run
• Historic out buildings dated late 1800's including blacksmith shed, dairy, timber shed on stumps with 3 phase power and lights
• Barn style workshop shed with covered concreted annexure
• The large country kitchen is laden with charm and character
• A magnificent late Victorian timber counter, which has a huon pine top, takes centre stage.
• Kitchen has gas oven with five burner gas top, and huge walk in pantry, fits fridge and freezer
• Kitchen and dining rooms open onto north facing verandah with extended deck area
• The main bathroom features the original clawfoot bath, a pedestal hand basin, and an antique walnut dresser which offers attractive storage space
- Polished Timber Floor
15 ha / 37 acres
2 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.